Met Office weather alerts are currently active for tomorrow (Sunday 7th February) for much of Eastern England, including Stambourne, due to easterly winds bringing cold temperatures and snow for the next few days.
The Amber alert means:
“Heavy snow is likely to bring widespread travel disruption
Long delays and cancellations on bus, rail and air travel probably occurring
There is a good chance that roads may become blocked by deep snow, with many stranded vehicles and passengers likely
Long interruptions to power supplies and other services, such as gas, water, telephone and mobile phone coverage likely”The Met Office
Whilst recent alerts haven’t led to the snow forecast, there seems to be some confidence that up to 10cm of snow could fall on Sunday with further spells of snow on Monday. Cold temperatures mean it is unlikely to thaw and a further spell later in the week could bring more disruption.
Keep phones and torch batteries charged!
Buy us a coffee! ☕
For almost 15 years the Stambourne website has been entirely funded by one single person. Now we are asking for a small token donation, to keep things running smoothly. If you find value in our website and in what it offers, consider buying us a virtual coffee ☕
Use the button below to make a contribution, however small, to the upkeep and running costs. We would be immensely grateful for the support. Thank you! And cheers!
Latest Stambourne News
- Talk: The Unnatural History of RiversTuesday, 21st November 2023 — 7.15pm for 7.30pm // Essex Wildlife Trust (Braintree group) presents “The Unnatural History of Rivers” — an illustrated talk Darren […]
- Talk: Serpents of EssexTuesday, 17th October 2023 — 7.15pm for 7.30pm // Essex Wildlife Trust (Braintree group) presents “Serpents of Essex” — an illustrated talk by Jon Cranfield […]
- Harvest Festival at Stambourne ChurchSunday, 1st October 2023 — 9.30am // Join us for this year’s Harvest Festival at Stambourne Church on 1st October. A harvest festival is an annual celebration that occurs […]
- Talk: Glowing, glowing, goneTuesday, 19th September 2023 — 7.15pm for 7.30pm // Essex Wildlife Trust (Braintree group) presents “Glowing, Glowing, Gone — The Plight of the Glow-worm”, an […]
- Finchingfield 3-legged raceSunday, 10th September 2023 — 1pm onwards // Join us for this year’s 3 legged race on the Finchingfield Green for adults, kids and duck […]