BT/OpenReach are currently finishing the work on the new telephone cabinet that will supply fibre broadband to Stambourne. Their fastest product, called BT Infinity, will probably be offered to those areas of the village that are within a certain distance of the cabinet at Hill Farm where they can guarantee a speed of at least 30Mb/s. However, the “Superfast Essex” scheme, run by Essex County Council have recently updated their likely future coverage of parish and is listing houses further out of the village as being unavailable for Superfast speeds.
I have contacted them for clarification about this and asking if those properties who won’t be offered BT Infinity will be offered a lower speed but still much faster product than is currently available. This is called “BT Unlimited Faster Broadband” and provides speeds upto 25Mb/s using the same technology as BT Inifinity but at a reduced speed due to the distance from the cabinet.
Hopefully, Superfast Essex and BT will clarify this soon and the whole village will benefit from the work they have been doing to bring fibre broadband to Stambourne.
Buy us a coffee! ☕
For almost 15 years the Stambourne website has been entirely funded by one single person. Now we are asking for a small token donation, to keep things running smoothly. If you find value in our website and in what it offers, consider buying us a virtual coffee ☕
Use the button below to make a contribution, however small, to the upkeep and running costs. We would be immensely grateful for the support. Thank you! And cheers!
Latest broadband updates
- Superfast broadband: January 2021 – Services liveJanuary 2021 // Superfast broadband now available in Stambourne. Both Gigaclear and County Broadband are now live in Stambourne, with […]
- Superfast broadband: May 2020Gigaclear are now accepting orders and installation slots for connecting their full-fibre, up-to 900Mb/1Gb service along Cornish Hall End Road. […]
- Superfast broadband: more Gigaclear delaysGigaclear are yet again delaying super fast broadband along Cornish Hall End Road due to an apparent connectivity issue. Despite […]
- Superfast broaband: Gigaclear are liveGigaclear are live along Cornish Hall End Road. Full-fibre (up to 900Mb/s) can now be ordered for premises along Cornish […]
- Superfast broadband: yet another Gigaclear delayGigaclear/Superfast Essex announced in August that their project is delayed yet again and an early estimate is December 2019 for […]